Hey there!!!
So for Christmas I will be calling from Bishop Cards house at 1:30 Oregon time, which would be 4:30 Virginia time. I can't wait to hear from you all!
This week has been another great week in Troutdale!
I have definitely seen how I have progressed and grown to be the missionary I am today. I can tell a difference in attitude, spiritual growth, and even physical growth (so much food!). This week Elder Rowley and I had the opportunity to go to the temple with a recent convert who was baptized about 2 years ago. The temple is such a sacred place. Before I went on Saturday, it felt like it had been forever since I had gone to the temple. Well, it had been 3 months, but it seemed so much longer. Every time I go to the temple I always feel the spirit so strongly. I know that this place is the House of the Lord because I can feel the Holy Ghost so strongly when I enter. The Temple is beautiful inside and outside. It is different from the Washington D.C. temple, but yet it is the same. I loved going to the temple on Saturday because I was able to grow more as a missionary by being in the house of the Lord and reflecting on all that he has given me.
It's crazy to think that my 3 months of training are almost over! These 3 months have just seemed to fly by. I'm really grateful for such a great trainer like Elder Rowley. He has taught me what it's like to be a successful missionary. He has helped me grow into the missionary I am today. But soon (one week) I will most likely get a new companion who will help me learn and grow. Likewise, I will help him learn and grow. It has been nice having Elder Rowley as a companion because we can do so many musical things! We have sung at an old folks home, at church, and we have even gone caroling! BUT who knows, maybe I'll get a companion who is tone deaf....haha. But probably.
I am so grateful for *personal and companion study. I really feel that those times are when I grow in the gospel the most. I really try to understand more about the gospel and find what the Lord would have me learn, and what he would have me teach my investigators. Our investigators and less actives are really great people. Sometimes they don't always exercise their agency the way I would like them to, but they all progress in the gospel in their own ways.
I got your letter! That was awesome and it made my day! I love hearing more about our family. It really makes me think about how much our family has been blessed. Even though our family has had some hard times, we still have so many blessings. I know that this is because our family is focused and centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord has promised that when you keep his commandments, you will be blessed. In the Book of Mormon, I love how he says you will "prosper in the land". We can all "prosper in the land" by obeying God's commandments. Since going on my mission, I have seen many people "prosper in the land". All these people just try their best to obey God's commandments, and it works! I have seen the blessings for others, and even for me when I focus myself on living the gospel.
Anyways, I love you all and I pray for you every day! Thank you for all of your prayers!
Love,
Elder Morgan
* Mom note: Through daily personal and companion study of the scriptures, and obedience to the commandments of God, a missionary strives to develop Christlike attributes, and prepare themselves to teach gospel truths including: The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Plan of Salvation, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Commandments, Laws and Ordinances.
* Mom note: Through daily personal and companion study of the scriptures, and obedience to the commandments of God, a missionary strives to develop Christlike attributes, and prepare themselves to teach gospel truths including: The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Plan of Salvation, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Commandments, Laws and Ordinances.
No comments:
Post a Comment