Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Spring! 4/9/12

Hey there family! 

I'm glad to hear everything is going well. It seems like there is always something interesting going on back home. Thanks for letting me know. That's way cool that Blake is going to Nashville soon! I would love to go there. Andy Raoufi went there on vacation with his family and they loved it. I might be wrong, but I think Capri Lofaro goes to school in Nashville. If you see her tell her I say "Hey!"

So, Meghan is moving out and Melissa is moving back home while she goes to grad school... That's cool that there is always going to be another sister for Blake to annoy... did I say that? I meant to say, "hang out with." haha.

I was thinking about home a lot this week. Both Elder Follett and I were sick for the last few days. This was the first time I was sick on my mission. I remember the first time I was sick at college, both times I really wish I was at home and mom was making me some food and I could be watching T.V.(haha) Elder Follett has walking pneumonia and bronchitis. I just have the flu. For the last few days we have stayed in. It has made for my mind to wonder quite a bit. We have played monopoly 3 times, cleaned the whole apartment, moved all the furniture, slept, and watched one of the 2 approved movies "17 Miracles"... 3 times. It's a great movie, it really is. If you haven't seen it, I would suggest watching it. Just makes sure you don't watch it on an 5 inch DVD player...not as cool as you think. But even so, it's amazing to see the miracles that the saints were given from God because of their dedication to the gospel.

Even though I was sick this week, I really enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate Easter. As missionaries we always teach others of Christ, but this week was a special week because of what happened a little less than 2000 years ago. The atonement is something we ALL needed. Without it, we couldn't return to live with our Father in Heaven. But because He loves us so much, he sent his begotten son into the world to pay for the sin, temptation, iniquities, sorrows, and much, much more than we can ever comprehend. Not only did he break the bands of spiritual death, but he broke the bands of physical death. Just as Jesus Christ was resurrected, we all will be resurrected, and now we have the opportunity to be perfected through Christ so that we may return to our Father in Heaven and live with Him again. What an amazing blessing! If you have the opportunity to listen to Bruce. R. Mcconkie's  last General Conference talk, you should. It is an amazing testimony of Jesus Christ.

Also, another blessing for all of us is that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized on April 6, 1830. We have the opportunity to thank Heavenly Father for the blessing of the restoration of His church. Through the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ we can live with our families forever, use the atonement to its fullest, and have the blessings of the Temple. I am so humbled to have these blessings in my life. Despite any challenges that I face in life, the joy that the gospel brings will always bring me eternal happiness and love. I don't need to worry. If I do what I am called to do, I will be just fine.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers.

Love,

Elder Morgan

p.s. By the way, my ward mission leader became our ward mission leader RIGHT AFTER HE AND HIS WIFE GOT BACK FROM SERVING A MISSION IN BULGARIA! Literally, right after they left, the mission took in Turkey! I know my ward mission leader will want to talk to *Aaron. What's Aaron's number so I can have them communicate with each other?

Mom note: *Aaron Foechterle is a friend of Trevor's from the Herndon Ward. Aaron just received his mission call, and will be serving in the Bulgaria Sofia Mission, leaving June 20, 2012.  He is assigned to speak the Turkish language. Turkey is a new area of the world that has been opened to LDS missionaries and Aaron may be one of the first to serve the Turkish people.

No comments:

Post a Comment