Hey Family!
This week was another great week in Oregon City!
I really enjoyed the opportunity to have Zone Conference this week. I really appreciated the teaching about repentance and baptism. I even took the time to memorized some scriptures, because I thought President Morby asked us too, but apparently we didn't have to. However, I am very grateful that I did because they came in handy later in the week.
Last week Elder Quinton and I were visiting a less active/part member family. When we set up this appointment, the wife (L.A. member) asked us what we would be teaching. We asked her what she felt should be taught. She said baptism. We were excited to go over and talk with the whole family. Elder Quinton and I planned for our meeting with the family and decided to teach lesson 3 in Preach My Gospel: The Gospel of Jesus Christ. We spent some time preparing to teach, and I must say that I am really glad Elder Quinton and I both understand the purpose of "teach people, not lessons" because we definitively had to tailor lesson 3 to what the non-member father had questions and concerns about. Anyway, I am truly grateful to have memorized a good bunch of those scriptures that we talked about for zone conference because they directly answered some of his questions, but even more, I am grateful for the opportunity of doing the Lord's work.
I also really enjoyed learning about being a PMG missionary. I have decided to focus even more on PMG than I already have been. I have decided to continue my study of PMG but starting from the beginning. I am so grateful to have PMG. Even this last week , I have learned by the Holy Ghost more about "Our Purpose". As a missionary and as a priesthood holder, I truly have the authority from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to minister and even administer. I am an authorized servant of the Lord who holds His Holy Priesthood. The Authority I have received can lead to power. But I need to be worthy to receive that power. I am truly grateful that I am worthy. I am still imperfect, and I definitively make mistakes, but I know I am worthy to be a missionary.
I love the what Elder Bendar said. "Become a clean vessel". That is my goal. I'm never quite finished with that goal because it is always ongoing. But I really love the word "vessel". I am an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I am here on a mission so that I can teach and testify, but the Holy Ghost can bear that witness of truth.
I am grateful to be in the Oregon City 3rd ward. I know that where ever I am, there will always be someone who needs to hear the gospel so that the gospel can bring them a fullness of joy.
Love,
Elder Trevor A. Morgan
No comments:
Post a Comment