I'm glad to hear everything is going well in Virginia! I'm glad the family is well. That must have been great going to Morgan's baptism. I wish I could have been there.
On a related note, I was thinking of Ross, and wanted to tell him that the October Ensign is great, he should read it. In fact, you all should read it. This copy of the Ensign is a special copy about The Book of Mormon. It has talks from President Monson and the Twelve Apostles, a time-line of Joseph Smith's Life, a time-line of the Book of Mormon, it shows what books were written by who, and when they were written, and it also shows the order of the stories in The Book of Mormon. It is an amazing issue.
And let me say, I can agree with Meghan when she told me her favorite part of the MTC was the Tuesday night Devotionals. They are truly a blessing to the missionaries at the MTC. I have one tonight and we won't know who the speaker will be until he/she walks in. But last week's talk was amazing. The speaker was the Apostle Russell M. Nelson. He talked about the Book of Mormon. He talked about how The Book of Mormon is convincing evidence that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored church of Christ on the earth. He later gave us a history of the many publishing's and editions of the Book of Mormon. It was truly a blessing to listen to an apostle of God.
This week I got really sick at the MTC. I actually had a sore throat when we got to Utah, but I thought nothing of it. As the days went by, I got progressively more sick. I would be tired, I would have a sore throat, congestion, trouble sleeping, and sometimes headaches. I thought I could just get over it myself. But the more time I am at the MTC, the more I realize that I can turn to God to help me with my challenges. In faith, I asked for a priesthood blessing. I know that I need to rely on Jesus Christ for my strength, spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
Another great experience I have had while at the MTC is being a District leader. I try my best, and that is all the Lord can ask of me. But there was one night where I just couldn't handle my load. Maybe it wasn't just my load as being a District leader, but as my load as a missionary, District leader, and a person. I just felt like I had so many things to do and not enough time to do them. I'm really good at going to bed at 10:30, but one night I had to stay up and get things done. I was so hard on myself that night. I just sat at my desk and started to mope. It seemed like I just had so many burdens. But as I was sitting there, I reflected that Jesus Christ knows what I was feeling and that he cared about me. Through faith in Jesus Christ anything can be done. I got through that night knowing that I have a God who loves me and knows how much I can handle. Throughout the time at the MTC, I have grown so much in my testimony of faith in the Jesus Christ. Through Him, all things can be done. I know it. I have learned so much and I am so grateful that I get to serve a mission.
Love you all, and I pray for you every day.
Elder Morgan