The classes and activities at the MTC have been great! I feel so blessed to be in these classes, they have strengthened my faith in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It's amazing to see how much God really loves us and how he wants all of his children to have the opportunity to hear the gospel message and receive the blessings this message brings. Just today, Elder Jorgensen and I went to the temple. We decided to eat in the temple cafeteria and a man who works at the temple came up to us, and he wanted to thank us for our missionary service. He said if it wasn't for missionaries knocking on his door, he wouldn't be working at the temple today. It made me so grateful for those who have served before me and those who will continue to serve after me.
So, on Wednesday my district will have the opportunity to be hosts (the people who welcome the new missionaries to the MTC). That will be very exciting! It seems like just yesterday I arrived at MTC, but in reality I leave the MTC in less than a week!! We got our travel plans on Thursday. I have to report to the travel office at 5:00 a.m. on Monday, October 3! Our plane leaves at 8:30 a.m. and we arrive in Portland at 9:34 a.m. It's crazy to think I will be one of those people walking down the street. I'm WAAAY excited!!
Oh, and can you write on my Facebook and ask my "friends" to put their address on my Facebook? You can just update my status like, "Elder Morgan is doing great! He'd like your address so he can write you on his mission!!!" That would be great, and THEN COULD YOU MAIL THOSE ADDRESSES TO ME!!!"
I'm also excited to get addresses from my Virginia friends so I can write to them. I just miss talking to people who are not Mormon. I know I'll have a lot of time to do that on my mission, but it will usually be about the gospel... not that that's bad... in fact it is great!! But everyone here are all members of the church and it would just be nice to talk to people who aren't all thinking about the same thing (church, BYU Football or Jimmer Fredette).
My next p-day will probably be in Portland, OR, so I don't know when I'll be able to write next. Hope all is well!!
Love you all,
Elder Morgan
Mom commentary: Note to Trevor's friends... HE MISSES YOU!! You are some pretty fine friends.... Thanks for your positive influence on my boy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment