Monday, January 16, 2012

It's Cold and Rainy, but AWESOME!

Hey there familia!

So I have been thinking about the challenges that face our family and everything. It has actually been really good to think about it. I've been thinking about how our family, and really how everyone, gets through the trials in life, no matter how big or how small they may be.

Really, it's all about trusting in the Lord and what he has planned for us. The atonement of Jesus Christ is real. He suffered for our sins, sicknesses, affliction, pains, sufferings, and even more than I think we can comprehend. I know that through the atonement our burdens can be eased. I would suggest you read *Mosiah 24. It really shows how the atonement can give us strength to overcome our burdens.

I know that the atonement can work for anyone who is willing to lean on the Lord. I have seen it work in people's lives, especially in Troutdale. As a missionary, I've found that even people on the other side of the United States have problems. In fact, the people I come in contact with have MANY more problems that I have ever had. I am so glad that I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and that I can rely on the gospel.

I am so glad that I have the Book of Mormon to read and draw strength from. If you have the latest General Conference **Ensign look at * Richard G. Scott's talked called, "The Power of the Scriptures."  I might have mistaken the title, but it's in there. I think it's in the beginning of the Ensign. I know that while being a missionary, I have received the spiritual AND physical strength from reading the scriptures. I know that If I am telling people to read the scriptures, then that means I need to read the scriptures. I read the Book of Mormon for at least 30 minutes a day in personal study. I have seen the Book of Mormon give me strength to overcome the obstacles I face as a missionary. I know It can do the same for all of you!

I love you!  Hopefully, I'll be sending you my pants (with the hole) soon and Blake's hat I made for him!...oh, and I'll be sending some pictures home too!

Love,

Elder Trevor A Morgan
* The highlighted text above is linked to the scripture reference and talk reference mentioned.
** The Ensign is a monthly church publication. 


Note from MOM:
Twice a year (May, November) the Ensign magazine contains the talks given by General Authorities (leaders) at the semi-annual conferences of the church. These conferences are televised via satellite and can be viewed at home, or at a local church building. They are always held the first weekend in April and October, on Saturday and Sunday. There are four televised sessions. They are at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time on both Saturday and Sunday. On the east coast they can be viewed live at 12:00 p.m. (noon) and 4:00 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment