Hello familia!
Yes, you were right! I did get a new companion. His name is Elder Auwen. He is from Mesa Arizona and he has been out for 7 and 1/2 months. He came from a place in the mission called Newburg. He is a very nice person and I know he knows the Lord has called him on a mission to Portland for a reason. But he's no Elder Rowley... which is not a huge problem, but presents some new opportunities.
When Elder Rowley transferred, Elder Rowley became a Zone Leader in the Keizer Zone down in Salem, Oregon. Elder Rowley really taught me what it means to be a great missionary. He taught me how to work effectively, efficiently, and with the spirit. For 4 months we taught 20+ lessons a week. We always were doing something that needed to be done. We visited, found less active members, tracted (knocked on doors), taught lessons, obeyed the mission rules, ate and slept. He told me if all the mission would do this that we would have an amazing mission. I had no idea other missionaries didn't do what we did. Our district was amazing too. They did the same things Elder Rowley and I did. Elder Rowley was a great District Leader too.
Now I might be setting this up too much, cause Elder Auwen is a good guy. But apparently, he and his last companion only taught about 6 lessons a week, his companion was the one who really taught the lessons, they listened to music that wasn't quite mission approved, and they NEVER went tracting....I'm not saying that I'm not looking forward to working with Elder Auwen cause I am, but...he's not Elder Rowley. Also, Elder Awuen is now our district leader. He was so nervous when he found out he was DL. He said he wasn't even thinking he would be a DL.
Now I still know I'm imperfect but I try to be the best missionary I can be. I really feel President Morby put Elder Auwen with me so that I can learn from him, but also that he can learn from me and learn from our district how to be a great/successful missionary. Being successful doesn't mean baptisms, but it does mean putting in your best effort, and doing the best you can do each and every day.
I pray for Elder Auwen every night. I pray for our companionship every night. I pray for the missionary work to progress in our area every night. I'm excited to work with him! He just doesn't seem like his focus is in the right areas. BUT, it really makes me think about how I need to be as a missionary. I know I need to talk about the gospel with enthusiasm and I need to say my prayers like I mean them, because I do. I need to read scriptures like I want to gain knowledge and wisdom from them, because I do. I realize I need to be a good example.
Yes, you were right! I did get a new companion. His name is Elder Auwen. He is from Mesa Arizona and he has been out for 7 and 1/2 months. He came from a place in the mission called Newburg. He is a very nice person and I know he knows the Lord has called him on a mission to Portland for a reason. But he's no Elder Rowley... which is not a huge problem, but presents some new opportunities.
When Elder Rowley transferred, Elder Rowley became a Zone Leader in the Keizer Zone down in Salem, Oregon. Elder Rowley really taught me what it means to be a great missionary. He taught me how to work effectively, efficiently, and with the spirit. For 4 months we taught 20+ lessons a week. We always were doing something that needed to be done. We visited, found less active members, tracted (knocked on doors), taught lessons, obeyed the mission rules, ate and slept. He told me if all the mission would do this that we would have an amazing mission. I had no idea other missionaries didn't do what we did. Our district was amazing too. They did the same things Elder Rowley and I did. Elder Rowley was a great District Leader too.
Now I might be setting this up too much, cause Elder Auwen is a good guy. But apparently, he and his last companion only taught about 6 lessons a week, his companion was the one who really taught the lessons, they listened to music that wasn't quite mission approved, and they NEVER went tracting....I'm not saying that I'm not looking forward to working with Elder Auwen cause I am, but...he's not Elder Rowley. Also, Elder Awuen is now our district leader. He was so nervous when he found out he was DL. He said he wasn't even thinking he would be a DL.
Now I still know I'm imperfect but I try to be the best missionary I can be. I really feel President Morby put Elder Auwen with me so that I can learn from him, but also that he can learn from me and learn from our district how to be a great/successful missionary. Being successful doesn't mean baptisms, but it does mean putting in your best effort, and doing the best you can do each and every day.
I pray for Elder Auwen every night. I pray for our companionship every night. I pray for the missionary work to progress in our area every night. I'm excited to work with him! He just doesn't seem like his focus is in the right areas. BUT, it really makes me think about how I need to be as a missionary. I know I need to talk about the gospel with enthusiasm and I need to say my prayers like I mean them, because I do. I need to read scriptures like I want to gain knowledge and wisdom from them, because I do. I realize I need to be a good example.
Elder Auwen is not mean, rude, or anything like that, but maybe his whole heart just isn't in the work yet...
Prayers would be great!
I LOVE missionary work! I really do love waking up every day at 6:30, putting on a shirt and tie and my missionary name tag. I can really tell that I have changed. I love it. It was a definite change for the better.
I pray every day for all of you. I love you and thank you for your prayers!
Love,
Elder Trevor A. Morgan
Prayers would be great!
I LOVE missionary work! I really do love waking up every day at 6:30, putting on a shirt and tie and my missionary name tag. I can really tell that I have changed. I love it. It was a definite change for the better.
I pray every day for all of you. I love you and thank you for your prayers!
Love,
Elder Trevor A. Morgan
No comments:
Post a Comment