Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hello Oregon City!

Hey awesome family!

This week I finally finished studying the Book of Mormon for the first time on my mission. I felt so happy to accomplish this. I wish I would have read it more as a kid. I know because of the things that I learned in the Book of Mormon I can be a better missionary, person, brother, and friend. This book is amazing! I look at my Book of Mormon as a journal. I used a pen and four different colors: pink, green, yellow, and blue. Now, I used all the colors not just one when I found things that stood out to me in the Book of Mormon but each color meant a different thing. I really loved commenting and writing down in my Book of Mormon my thoughts and my feelings when I would study it. I know this book has blessed me immensely. The Book of Mormon has changed my life.

Well, on Saturday night I got a call that said I was going to be transferred out of Troutdale. For that reason I was sad. I have met so many amazing people in Troutdale. I grew up in Troutdale.  I made really good friends with both the people I was teaching, and the people from the ward I was serving in. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve in Troutdale. I learned A LOT. Not just as a missionary, but as a person. I know a lot more about myself. I know what some of my strengths are and what some of my weaknesses are. I know that I can care for people I don't even fully know. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. As a missionary, I learned that it's not all about me, it's about teaching others the gospel so that they can have the blessings that I enjoy. Elder Follett was a great companion. We were able to do a bunch of work for the last 6 weeks despite our sicknesses, and our bike problems.

BUT GUESS WHAT?! I am now the proud driver of a 2012 Ford Fusion! I'M IN A CAR!!! I got transferred to Oregon City! More specifically Oregon City 3rd Ward! My companion is a great guy. His name is Elder Quinton...and he's from CANADA!  He's a foreigner! Ha ha!  He's really cool and he seems like a great person. By first impressions, and even a little more, (we've been together for almost 27 hours) it seems like we will have a great time together. Elder Quinton has only been in this area for 6 weeks, but that's okay! He's been out for about 14 months. Anyway, RIGHT after transfers he said, "We have an appointment in like 15 minutes. It's  with a P.I. (potential investigator) that I have never met.  His name is Robert. We'll be teaching about the restoration."

I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda nervous. I just met Elder Quinton, I didn't know what to expect. But when we came into the house, I felt calm. I felt that everything would be okay. And guess what? It was a GREAT lesson. Robert really truly wanted to find out about the gospel.  He also wanted to pray to Heavenly Father, at the end of the lesson, to find out if our message was true, and if the Book of Mormon is true. It was great,  even without talking much before hand, not even knowing each other, Elder Quinton and I were able to teach and work well with each other. We talked WITH Robert, not TO Robert. We had another church member there too and he gave great insight. I felt so thankful to my Heavenly Father that this lesson went so well.

I am grateful to be continuing on in my mission. I know that the Lord has great blessings in store for the people in Oregon City and I am just His instrument in making that possible.

Love to all,

Elder Trevor A. Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment