Hey
Family!
Thanks
for the birthday box! It was GREAT! Thank you for the giftcard to Safeway. I
think that was one of my favorite gifts. We now have a lot of fruits and
vegetables in our apartment! We also have enough food to make some really great
tacos because of you guys too! The ties were great too! I actually did like
some of those ties...and the others ones do make a nice collection to the
"not so nice" tie collection. The Elders and I went to Red Robin for
my birthday for lunch. I got a free sundae because it was my birthday and some
waitresses sang to me too, so hey, I can't complain. All-in-all it was a great
birthday. I feel the same when I was 19, but it's nice to know I'm not a
"teenager" anymore...I'm 20!...which is practically the same thing as
19. Anyway, yesterday I finished my Shingles medicine. I was taking 2 Aleve a
day for the pain and 3 prescription pills a day for the Shingles. I feel like I'm
totally okay now which is great. Thanks for getting me those
"Flintstones" vitamins! I always remember having them as a kid!
I'm
sorry today's letter might be a little short. We have many things we would like
to do this p-day and we are kinda short on time.
I
would like to say something about our faith in Christ and about repentance. We
are working with a new investigator. He's a 21 year old guy and he lives in a
part-active family. He is a great example to me. While we have been teaching
him, I have been able to see his faith in Christ grow dramatically. He has
always showed up at church with his brother (who is a recent convert), most of
the time he reminds his brother that they need to read there scriptures before
they go to bed. He has problems with the word of wisdom, smoking more
specifically, but he s that when he stops he will be blessed. He knows that
Heavenly Father wants him to stop...and he's doing it! He is willing to pay his
tithing, and it's amazing cause he truly understands why that is important. He
is a great person. He has a 2 year old daughter and he wanted to know how he
could best live the law of chastity with his situation. We told him we couldn't
give him that counsel, but the bishop could. He just met with the bishop yesterday
about his own situation. He knows the guidance that a bishop will give him will
bless his life and his daughter's life. He is a great example to me because he
knows that repenting and changing is hard, but it is worth it for the blessings
that God will give to us, his children, when we obey him.
As
a missionary I know I can mess up, BUT as long as I am striving to do my best,
that's all the Lord can ask of me. I am so grateful to be on a mission. I am so
grateful to have a testimony of baptism, the sacrament, and of the Atonement of
Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ died for me and that he lives so that I
too can return to my loving Father in Heaven and live forever with my family in
His presence.
Thanks
for everything!
Love,
Elder
Trevor A. Morgan
No comments:
Post a Comment