Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm in Portland!!! 10/4/2011

Hey!!

These last few days have been crazy! I'm still kinda taking it all in. I'm in Portland and I'm way excited (and nervous) to be here though!

So, yesterday I woke up at 4:00 am in the morning in Provo, Utah at the MTC. That was fun. We left by 5:15 to go to the airport in SLC. At the time I was really glad to be leaving the MTC. I loved the MTC, don't get me wrong, but I really wanted to get on my way into the mission field. Like I said at the airport when I called, there are 17 new missionaries from the MTC who were to go to Portland that day. Do you remember when grandma Morgan cut out an article in her paper from Santaquin talking about a person going to the Oregon Portland mission? Well he left the MTC the same time I did too. Oh and also the Scholz's have one of their nephews in my mission too. He told me they say hey. That was pretty cool. But now that I look back on yesterday, I miss the MTC. It was a place of comfort and the spirit was so strong.

SO, I guess your probably wondering who my companion is. His name is Elder Rowley. He is from someplace in Utah and he went to school at SUU as a music education major with an emphasis in voice. We have a lot in common. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I hope he'll be a good trainer. He hasn't done anything bad yet, in fact he seems like a great missionary.

The first day, yesterday, we visited some families and we had dinner at the Bishops house. The bishop's family is nice. I don't know exactly what we ate, but it was TONS better than the MTC food. They had green lemonade for me cause I am a "greenie" (a brand new missionary). The Bishop's family has their own crazy tradition which they fondly call a "missionary challenge." They don't have one universal challenge, but my challenge was to eat a small jar of baby food. If I did it they'd take us to Dairy Queen. That baby food was disgusting. I don't know why parents feed that to their children whom they love. BUT that Large Pumpkin Pie Blizzard at DQ was well worth it. It  was SOOOO good. It was like pumpkin ice cream with cinnamon toast crunch cereal in it...yum!

Today is p-day, so I'm still unpacking and I super-cleaned my bathroom. In my apt is just me and Elder Rowley, and we both get our own bathrooms, which is nice. Not that it was super dirty, but it wasn't really clean. So I spent about 45 good minutes today cleaning every inch of my bathroom with Pine-sol. Thank you for teaching me how to clean. My bathroom now smells great! Later today were probably going to go hiking somewhere. Not Mt. Hood, I know that. Some other cool hill or waterfall. I actually haven't seen Mt. Hood yet, but I'm guessing in two years, I'll see it a few times.

Well its weird cause I'm in a new place I've never been. I wasn't really ever homesick at the MTC because I knew where I was. I wasn't really even too homesick at college after my first semester. But I'm feeling it now. It's weird to have no clue where you're going, and the only person you are following is a person your age. I miss you all more than ever, but I know this is where I'm supposed to be. Your all in my prayers.

Love,

Elder Trevor Morgan
Commentary by Mom: Oops, Trevor forgot to send his address in this week's email. We will post it as soon as we get it :)   I know he'd love to hear from you! We do know he is presently in the town of Troutdale, Oregon.

1 comment:

  1. Trevor! We love your blog!!! We are so proud to say we know Trevor Morgan. Who thought you could be any more amazing than the boy we knew. But somehow you keep out doing yourself. You are truly becoming an amazing man. You continue to touch the lives of everyone you meet. Your character and faith inspire others. Stay strong on your path. It is going to take you to places you've never dreamed of!
    Much, much love :)
    The Bobby family

    ReplyDelete