This
week has been a sweet week for missionary work in The Columbia Ward! We really
tried to work our hardest. With our new district our district leader, Elder
Bench, (who is doing a really good job) asked us to do 14 hours of finding because
of the new standard of excellence that President Morby prayed about. Elder
Follett and I really wanted to accomplish that. We were 2 days behind when we
decided to do take on the task, BUT we were able to get 14 hours in before
calling in our statistics. Elder Follett and I didn't want to get 14 hours just
to get 14 hours, but we talked about why 14 hours was a great number to reach.
When we find for at least 14 hours a week, we are finding those who Heavenly Father has prepared for us to find.
Elder
Follett and I have really tried to think about how we could best use our time
as missionary companions together. We have no idea how long or how little we
could be together, so we want to make the best of what time we have together.
When we were finding we wanted to make sure when we talked to people we didn't
just go on "auto-pilot". We care for each individual we talk to. We
want to help them as much as we can. We found quite a few potential
investigators and we are excited to contact them this week.
We
also wanted to hit the standard of lessons taught in a week. We really strive
for that number, which is 20, but we were only able to get 19. That is okay
with us though. We tired our hardest. We really thought what the lessons should
be about to each person, or family we were teaching. We really want to focus on
the *PMG lessons when we are teaching, even with dinner appointments.
Elder
Follett and I came up with a great idea for dinner lessons. We want to teach
the family the lessons specifically from the pamphlets the FIRST time we have
dinner with them. For the first lesson we want to invite them to talk to
somebody about the gospel and give them the pamphlet (ex. The Restoration
Pamphlet). The SECOND time we have dinner with them, we're gonna ask them if
they have shared the gospel and given the pamphlet away. Even if they have or
have not given it away we want to teach them how to role play so they will be
more comfortable sharing the gospel with those they love.
I'm
really excited to work with Elder Follett. We are getting a lot accomplished
and I can already tell the ward really appreciates that. I'm grateful for all
the things I have learned so far on my mission. I know I have many more things
to learn, but I am excited to use the knowledge I have know to bless other
lives and invite other to come unto Christ.
The
weather is so crazy here! One day it snows, the next day its 60 degrees and
sunny! BUT today we and some other elders are going to hike Multnomah falls! It's
a GREAT day outside today! No rain! Its gonna start back up this week, but we
have to take advantage of it!
My
clothes are holding up. I am doing just fine. My shoes, my suit, my jackets,
everything is okay. Or I should say there is nothing that is hindering me too
much to say anything.
General
Conference will be great! Actually, I heard also that we should write our
questions down before we listen to G.C. and listen to hear them answered. That
I will do. I also encourage you all to so the same. I know you will be blessed
for doing it.
I
love you all!
Thank
you for your prayers!
Love,
Elder
Trevor A Morgan
*PMG - Preach My Gospel: A book which is a guide to missionary service.
No comments:
Post a Comment