Howdy
Family!
It's
been a great week out here in Oregon City! I'm glad to hear you are doing well
in VA. Our weather here has been pretty nice. We actually had some rain this
week which was surprising because since being in Oregon City we haven't had a
lot of rain. This week when it rained, it poured. That was pretty cool to watch
because I think I am getting sick of the rain that's pretty light, but always
present. I like the hard rain and then sunshine better. I hope the weather in
VA is not too bad for you guys.
Yes.
I finally got my "real" license! I can't remember if I got it this
week, or last week. I just want to say thank you so much for helping me out
with the whole license situation. I know I'm glad that it's done and here, so I can imagine that you
are SUPER glad that it is taken care of.
Also, thanks for getting the new pants too. BUT, I will need a new charcoal black pant. Basically, I had 6 pants coming into the mission. Now I have only 3
pants that I can wear. I told you a long time ago about the light gray pants
that I ripped on my knee. But this week I basically had to "retire"
all my pleated pants because I made those my "biking pants". So now I
am wearing my non-pleated pants, which is totally okay because I made those my
nice suit pants AND I'm not on a bike. Because my pant material is thin, a bike
seat and my pants don't get along real well. So basically, I know you are
sending me some light gray pants back, and one other color back too. Eventually,
I will need the OTHER of the 3 color pants as well because I just retired the
other pleated pants too. ( When I "retire" pants that means that even
though I get my pants patched they keep on ripping! Now, there are like 4
patches on each other. Well, the top one being the patched that is not
ripped....ripped!... Hence I'm "retiring" them and not wearing them
anymore.)
Anyway,
this week has been great. It was just another week of good missionary work. We
had great appointments, and then we had some cancel. We had great dinners, and
then we had some cancel (which were filled in like 2 seconds. Our ward does a great
job at feeding us dinners). A few weeks ago, an older couple got back from their
mission and they moved back into the Oregon City 3rd ward. They are the Westovers. At first I was kinda nervous
about meeting them for dinner. Not because they were senior missionaries, but
because they were a former mission president (and wife) a few years back in
Louisiana, and a former Temple President from some temple in California. BUT,
they are really nice! They are willing to help out with the missionary work. It
was pretty cool because Brother and Sister Westover are friends with tons of
people in SLC, many who are in higher leadership positions in the church. They
talk about them so nonchalantly. It's cool to talk with them about the Church.
I
want to let you know that we passed our apartment inspection! WHOOO! We didn't
get a gold star, but that's okay! (Cause it wasn't my fault...kinda) We DID
forget to clean inside the oven. But Elder Quinton kinda forgot to clean the
calking of this toilet...I won't go anymore in detail...to be honest, it wasn't
even THAT bad. But oh well, we passed!
We
also passed our car inspection! That wasn't as hard. BUT, funny story: The only
car wash we could find, that we were allowed to use, was an old fashion car wash.
We went to one of those car cleaners where you have to pay in quarters to get
the water running out of the pressure washers. Well, we got $5 worth of
quarters from Fred Myers across the street because the machine that was at the
car wash that converted bills into quarters wasn't working. We both thought we
would totally have enough to wash and rinse our car....it took longer than we
thought. We had some place to be soon, and are car was still soapy and we were
out of quarters. With the appointment pending, we didn't have time to walk to Fred Myers....SO, we had to
drive back to Fred Myers in a soapy car, get more quarters, and THEN finish
washing our car off....that was a fun experience! haha
Thanks
for all your help and prayers! I know they are working.
Love,
Elder
Trevor A Morgan
No comments:
Post a Comment