Hey
Family!
Hope
your week went well.
Our
week was very different, but went very well. This week I got sick for 5 days. I
got the flu. I felt a sore throat last Sunday, but I thought nothing of it
because I get little sore throats every so often. But, in the evening, after
our p-day and dinner, we went out with Bro. Wood, our Ward Mission Leader. We
contacted P.I.'s (potential investigators) and L.A.'s (less active members) 'til
9:00. We had our rain jackets on, but even still we got soaking wet because it
started pouring rain. When I got back to the apartment, my whole body was
shivering. I took a hot shower and after I got out, I knew I was sick. All week
I had headaches, sore throat, dizziness, nausea, super, super tired and such.
But
we didn't let that stop the work from continuing. Every day we coordinated with
our W.M.L. (Ward Mission Leader) to go on splits so that our lessons could
continue. The ward really helped us out when we needed help. Instead of
canceling our dinners they brought us food, they came with Elder Bishop to
lessons while I was "babysat". The members wanted me to feel better.
I
watched all A LOT of church movies. We have a DVD player in our apartment and
we are allowed to watch all church produced movies. So we went to the church
building and we took A LOT of movies. The problem is, I have already watched
most of them...but I watched them again. I still think my favorite is Joseph
Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration.
I
thought I was feeling better Thursday night so I told our WML and Elder Bishop
that I would go to a lesson that night. The lesson was with one of our
investigators and it went well, but by the end of that lesson I was drained. I
was kinda bummed because I was really hoping I was done being sick so that I
could go do the work (missionary work). I missed being a part of it, but I knew
that even if I wasn't there the work was still continuing.
By
Saturday I got better and I was able to do the work, and it was awesome because
on Sunday we were able to have a whole part member family, the Munoz Family, come
to church! We even had 2 other investigators come to church as well. It was a
great Sunday.
If
you guys could pray for one of our investigators that would be great. We are
teaching her son, who is totally ready to be baptized. But she is less active
(Her mom, the son's g-ma, is super active). The boys mom has always put off her
son's baptism because that means she has to be a little more active. At one
point, she said her son could be baptized this weekend, but now she wants to
have it pushed back. Can you pray that her heart can be softened and that her
son can be baptized in the Lord's timing? That would be great. Can you also
pray for another fellow and his sister, that we can set a baptismal date with
him? Thank you.
Thank
you for your prayers.
And
thanks for that new mission calendar Meghan! It's AWESOME!
Love,
Elder
Morgan
Mom
note: On this blog, names of investigators, less active members and others, may be removed to respect their privacy.
No comments:
Post a Comment