Friday, November 9, 2012

Yellooo from BEAUTIFUL Oregon! 10/15/2012





Howdy Family.

So, sorry about not writing you guys last week. I was at the Oregon Coast! It was awesome! It was so nice to see the ocean. I have now been officially coast to coast in the United States. I will be sending pictures soon. We went from Pacific City all the way to Astoria. The sites and views on the coast were beautiful. The Morris Family took us. Sister Morris works at the post office and they had Monday off, due to Columbus Day, so a few weeks before they asked us if we wanted to go to the Coast. We of course said yes. We have a rule that missionaries can only go to the coast after October General Conference until April General Conference...we went the first day we could! The Coast it about 2 hours away so we had to get permission, not just from our DL, ZL, but from President Morby as well.




It was cool because we went to Pacific City where there is this huge rock in the ocean...we took some pictures so you'll be able to see it. That rock was actually in the movie "The Goonies". We also went to the "Goonies" house they were trying to save. It was funny because not only was it "The Goonies House" but there was someone living in the house with a "Star of David" flag and a "Mitt Romney" sign!




We then went to Seaside and visited the ocean there too. Seaside is actually the end of Lewis and Clarke's expedition, and Elder Bishop and I took a picture there right next to the statue saying "This is the end" or something like that. 





We went to a few other places, but there are two more places I want to talk about. We first went to Ft. Stevens, the first place America was attacked after Pearl Harbor by the Japanese. This military fort was cool. This structure was built on the side of a hill in the early 1900's and was HUGE! I felt like this place would be a CRAZY game of "Call of Duty" or a sweet game of paintball. It was really neat. 





We then went to Astoria where there is this "column that you go up 164(or so) stairs that leads to the look out. The Astoria Column was already on the top of the hill. We could see FOREVER! It was cool because Astoria is where the Columbia River hits the Pacific Ocean. I have pictures that I'll give to you of that as well.  









We have had the longest "dry spell" in Oregon in a LONG TIME. But it is over now. It's raining and its awesome! I almost missed the rain. ALMOST, but not quite. I am super grateful we are in a car though. It makes rain a lot easier to handle.

Right now though, I think I got the Flu. I think I got it yesterday. Yesterday I got a sore throat, a headache, dizziness and so on. Right now I am feeling the same way. Today I have been trying to take it easy, but we had to go to downtown Portland, walk around, take the max back home, go run errands, email and such. Even though I don't want to, I think I am going to take it very easy tomorrow. We have some lessons but I night have Elder Bishop go on splits with one of the men in our ward.

Today is transfers so that marks 13 months (and 1 day) as missionary for The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

All is well.
Thank you for praying for a few of my investigators a few weeks ago. I know that helped.

Love,

Elder Trevor A. Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment