Friday, November 9, 2012

Howdy! 10/1//2012


I want to start off by saying that I have really appreciated the opportunity to be a trainer. I really feel the Lord is helping me grow as a person and a missionary. I have really appreciated Elder Bishop' s "greenie fire". This is not to say that I don't have that "fire" in my to do missionary work. Lately I have been even thinking about missionary work when I am eating, resting, and even dreaming about missionary work and my investigators and less actives I am working with. I just know that being with Elder Bishop, he and I are ready to do the Lord's work and do whatever it takes to make it happen. Through doing the hard things and doing the Lord's work Elder Bishop and I have been able to see the blessing that come from giving are all. Just this week we were able to set another baptismal date for September 27 for Riley Zink. We have a few other investigators with a date or close to it and we are really exited to see the work progressing.
With that being said, there is opposition in all things. While being on my mission I have not seen the adversary work any harder than he is doing right now. People become busy, or sick, addicted to drugs, or even hit by cars. Its sad to see this happen to people, but I know that these things will happen where the gospel is being taught and accepted. To quote Joseph Smith, "persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, and calamy may defame, but the truth of God will go forth nobly, boldly , and independent,". This is so true. The truth of God is going forth in Oregon City 3rd ward area.

Elder Bishop is doing great. He knows alot about the gospel and what missionaries are supposed to teach. But he is havcing a problem being a simple and clear teacher. Also I feel like sometimes our investigators and less actives feel awkward when he is teaching. In our companion studies we are working on our 12 week program and PMG, but we are really focusing on teaching clearly and simple and even more doing it with love. Love is the most important thing that we can have for an investigator. I know Elder Bishop loves the people we are teaching, but sometimes I dont know if always the people we are teaching can feel that love. Even with this being said, Elder Bishop is doing great. He is kinda slow to do things, but he is getting used to the missionary schedule more and more every week. I am glad to be serving with him.

Love,

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment